Pittsburgh Alumnae Chapter, chartered in 1971, was originally chartered April 3, 1927 as Alpha Epsilon Charter at the home of Soror Julia Jones. A charter was granted in December, 1927, through the efforts of charter members:
Lillian W. Brown
Irene Morris Johnson
Janie E. Everett
Edwinna W. Primas
Helen Haynes Smith
Founded as a mixed chapter, graduate sorors living in the area and students of the Pittsburgh area colleges and universities affiliated with the chapter.
Since its inception, Pittsburgh Alumnae has strived to set and keep the highest standards in Pittsburgh and the surrounding areas for scholastic excellence and active public service, and continues our high level of involvement in preparing our community to meet the challenges of the 21 st century.
Currently, the chapter has over 200 financial members from in and around the Pittsburgh area.