***Click HERE to register!***
The Fall 2018 community flower garden pull event begins at 8:30 a.m. at the corner of Frankstown Avenue and Bennet Street. Garden pulls are a wonderful opportunity to get outside as the weather turns cool and prepare the gardens for winter months. The Western PA Conservancy will be planting at the Homewood/Brushton Garden located at the intersection of Frankstown and Bennett.
As a volunteer:
- You will pulling out the annual flowers to bed down the garden for the winter.
- The bedding down of the garden will take about 2 to 3 hours on site.
- The Conservancy provides the decompose bags to discard the plants, plastic gloves (though you are welcome to bring your own).
- Dress for the weather—layers if it is cool, rain gear if it is wet, sunscreen and hats for bright days. You will get dirty!
- Wear sturdy shoes to protect your feet. No sandals allowed.
- We will be there rain or shine.
- Children are welcome under adult supervision
COME OUT FOR FELLOWSHIP AND FUN!!!
Questions? Please contact Helen Bowers at 412-600-8315 or vicepresident.dstpghalumnae.org.
The Pittsburgh Alumnae Chapter Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. is a Western PA Conservancy Garden Sponsor.