MARK YOUR CALENDAR FOR THE FALL GARDEN PROJECT
REGISTER THROUGH EVITE AT https://pac2017fallgardenproject.eventbrite.com
Saturday, October 7, 2017 9am to Noon
The Fall 2017 community flower garden pull event begins at 9 a.m. Garden pulls are a wonderful opportunity to get outside as the weather turns cool and prepare the gardens for winter months. The Western PA Conservancy will be planting at the Homewood/Brushton Garden located at the intersection of Frankstown and Bennett
Volunteers needed for the Fall Gardening Project
- You will pulling out the annual flowers to bed down the garden for the winter.
- The bedding down of the garden will take about 2 to 3 hours on site.
- The Conservancy provides the decompose bags to discard the plants, plastic gloves (though you are welcome to bring your own).
- Dress for the weather—layers if it is cool, rain gear if it is wet, sunscreen and hats for bright days. You will get dirty!
- Wear sturdy shoes to protect your feet. No sandals allowed.
- We will be there rain or shine.
- Children are welcome under adult supervision
COME OUT FOR FELLOWSHIP AND FUN!!!
For more information: Contact Helen Bowers at email@example.com or call or text 412-600-8315– leave your name.
The Western Pennsylvania Conservancy enriches our region’s cities and towns through 130 community gardens and greenspaces that are planted with the help of 12,000 volunteers.