Pittsburgh Alumnae Chapter
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
Saturday, October 1st 9am to Noon
The fall 2016 community flower garden pull event begins at 9 a.m.
Garden pulls are a wonderful opportunity to get outside as the weather turns cool and prepare the gardens for winter months.
The Western PA Conservancy will be planting at the Homewood/Brushton Garden located at the intersection of Frankstown and Bennett
This garden is being sponsored by the Pittsburgh Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
Here is what you can expect during the Fall Pull 2015
• You will pulling out the annual flowers to bed down the garden for the winter.
• The bedding down of the garden will take about 2 to 3 hours on site.
• Children are welcome under adult supervision (planting day is not usually appropriate for children under eight).
• We will be there rain or shine.
• The Conservancy provides the decompose bags to discard the plants, plastic gloves (though you are welcome to bring your own), and safety vests for all volunteers.
• Dress for the weather—layers if it is cool, rain gear if it is wet, sunscreen and hats for bright days. You will get dirty!
• Wear sturdy shoes to protect your feet. No sandals allowed.
For more information:
Contact Helen Bowers at 412-600-8315 call or text – leave your name